Summertime travels are a fun part of life. Choosing a destination, planning the route, packing up, and heading out, add to the anticipation of an adventure. Some frustrations also, unfortunately, come with going on vacation, such as missed flights, lost baggage, and crowded vacation spots. What if you could set up your backyard so that you had easy access to fun and relaxation? Staycations are a cost-effective way to enjoy a vacation without all the stress. Who wouldn’t want to be able to ‘get away from it all’ without having to fight other vacationers? It can all start with a call to your favorite Piedmont deck contractor and some creativity.
7 Suggestions for Creating an Oasis in Your Backyard
Are you ready to transform your backyard into an oasis you can enjoy anytime you want? Start with these 7 suggestions:
- Choose a theme. Imagine your favorite place to visit. Is it the tropics? Is it a mountain retreat? Use that image as your muse for transforming your deck and backyard into an oasis you always wanted.
- Add mood lighting. You can change the ambiance of your backyard by adding soft lighting. For example, you can use hanging lanterns, spotlights on your favorite trees, and downcast wall lights on privacy walls and fences.
- Reimagine seating. You have many options when it comes to seating for your guests. For example, you might set up a hanging swing from your deck’s pergola. You can make small conversation nooks throughout your backyard with platform decks built by your preferred deck contractor.
- Add a hammock. Nothing could be more relaxing than laying in a hammock and reading a book. The gentle sway can easily send you to dreamland on a summer afternoon. If you have trees, you can quickly set one up underneath. If not, you can build a hammock stand to accommodate your new favorite naptime spot.
- Bring in the plants. Many vacation spots have fauna and shrubbery that makes the place idyllic. Pull in some of those plants using traditional landscaping or pots. Flowers can quickly spruce up your backyard oasis into a pretty, colorful place for all to enjoy. You’ll also attract some beautiful guests like butterflies and a variety of local birds.
- Make a mobile drink and snack cart. No staycation is complete without a snack and drink cart. You can stock it with tropical drinks, spritzers, cups, pretzels, napkins, and little umbrellas.
- Add a water feature. The sound of running water can be wonderfully soothing in your retreat. Additionally, it can mask or muffle sounds from any air conditioning units, noisy neighbors, or street noise.
Hire a Reliable Deck Contractor for Your Piedmont Backyard Outdoor Oasis
Save money and have a memorable vacation right at home by transforming your backyard into an outdoor haven with the help of Schafer Construction. Our team can make your dreams a reality with our decades of experience. Not only can we build you a new deck or expand upon an older one, but we can also ensure they last for years with our Decks for Life program. You can minimize future repair costs with our ongoing periodic inspections. Contact us today for more information.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Piedmont and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.