When the weather is nippy, the entertaining outside may seem like the last thing anyone would enjoy. Often a deck is an extension of the home, and many owners want to make the most of that space, even if it is cold. Still, the chill in the winter air renders many party-goers crammed together inside. The noise level indoors can make even a storm fit for neither man nor beast seem like a haven!
Make your outdoor living space the heart of the party when you take steps to keep your guests warm and comfortable. Before the party starts, it pays to keep everyone safe with an inspection from Montclair’s preferred deck contractors at Schafer Construction. We come and look over your deck to ensure it is weathering well, no boards have rotted through, and make needed repairs quickly.
5 Tips to Keep Your Visitors Toasty Warm When Entertaining Outside
No one will mind the dip in the thermometer if you use these tips:
- Add a Heat Source: There are a variety of ways that your deck or patio can be heated. Fire pits are an affordable option. Home improvement stores offer a variety of decorative options. Outdoor fireplaces provide a permanent structure that can be built with an outdoor kitchen. Patio heaters and chimeneas are favored by many homeowners because they take up little room.
- Provide Plenty of Seating: Ensure your family and friends can cozy up to the warmth by having enough chairs and benches. Huddling together also gives people an opportunity to build a rapport with one another.
- Throw in a Few Blankets and Cushions: Pick up some inexpensive and decorative throw blankets for guest to wrap up in as needed. Just add them to the existing seating, so no one has to look far. Remember that patio furniture can be cold. Add cushions for comfort and warmth.
- Serve Warm Beverages: Hot chocolate or mulled apple cider fit the bill for the outdoor winter entertaining. You can have a hot beverage bar for all ages with marshmallows and other fun toppings. Keep the drinks warm in a slow cooker.
- Play Music: What better way to entertain and take away thoughts of the nippy air than through music. Today’s technology allows you to stream your favorite songs from across the decades. Imagine the fun of singing songs from days gone by as you warm your hands over a crackling fire!
Entertain with Confidence with Help from Montclair’s Trusted Deck Contractors
Enjoy the crisp winter air on your wood deck at your next party instead of staying cramped up in the house. For over 30 years, Schafer Construction has worked with homeowners in the Alamo and Montclair areas. Our licensed team is ready to help you get the most mileage from your deck with our cost-effective Decks for Life program. Invite a trusted deck contractor to inspect and repair any loose or rotted boards, and soon you will be ringing in the New Year without a care in the world.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their structural repair and construction needs. Let us bring your outdoor winter entertaining dreams to a new level on your Montclair home!