Some homeowners look at their deck as a party pad. They invite family and friends to enjoy good food and make lasting memories. Others look at their deck as a haven to find relief from everyday stress. They grab a favorite book and a beverage and head out to escape the day. In every case, homeowners view their oasis as an extension of their home. There do come times when your outdoor oasis needs to be refurbished. Working with a quality deck builder in Berkeley is an excellent choice. Our team can assist you in determining the best options for your lifestyle and bring that dream into reality.
Options for Your New Deck
Once you have determined that you want to rebuild your deck, you will want to find ideas that your preferred deck contractor can use. You can search the Internet and Pinterest, and also check out these ideas to get you started in the right direction:
- Define how you use the space. It helps to start by answering a few questions. For example, how do you currently use this space? Are there activities that you would like to be able to do that you cannot currently do in this space? Once you know how you want to use the space, you can look at better designs to accomplish those goals.
- Add a fire table or fire pit. You don’t have to be confined to the indoors when the weather is cooler. You and your guests can sit around a fire for warmth and ambiance.
- Employ screens. A screened-in area will protect you and your furniture from the weather and bugs.
- Get depth and dimension by using mixed materials. Using a mixture of materials will create a pleasing area. You can combine composite decking, wood, textured pavers, metal, and glass. If you also choose different colors, you can add patterns and pops of color for an aesthetically pleasing area.
- Relax in a wood soaking tub. Some people love to soak in a hot bath after a stressful day. Instead of being stuck inside for your bath, why not take it outside with a wood soaking tub? This is a great idea for smaller decks.
- Choose comfortable, waterproof furniture. Your deck furniture will take a beating in the sun and during rainy days. This area needs to be a comfortable place to relax and enjoy. Additionally, you want your chairs to withstand what the rainy season brings.
- Recenter with a meditation area. For many, meditation is a way to breathe deeply and relax. If you enjoy meditating, why not recharge outside on a platform deck specifically designed to enhance your meditative methods?
- Extend the indoors outside. Sometimes, transitioning from a beautiful indoor view to the outdoors can be jarring. One way to ease this is to extend your indoor décor outside by choosing colors and furnishings that complement the inside.
Hire a Reliable Deck Builder in Berkeley for Your New Deck
Homeowners across the area understand the beauty behind a well-planned deck. They get enjoyment from social gatherings and quiet evenings that happen in their outdoor havens. When it comes time to build a new deck or add to an existing one, they understand the benefits of hiring a reliable deck builder like Schafer Construction. We have served Berkeley and the Bay Area for decades. We love helping owners like you create a sanctuary from the hustle of day-to-day living. Let’s get started today. Give us a call!
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Berkeley and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.