February is for love. Stores are full of gift ideas to buy for loved ones or to give in the hope that someone falls in love with you. The humdrum of day-to-day living can leave many people feeling uninspired by their life and relationships. Sometimes, we all need a reminder of why we love whom we love. Sometimes, it may take a holiday devoted to love to remind you of your family’s importance. This sentiment can carry over to other areas, including your home and property. Look at your backyard. When was the last time you sat on your deck and enjoyed a gorgeous evening with a cup of coffee and a great conversation? Does it look like it could use some TLC? Maybe it is time to fall back in love again and spruce things up with some decorating and deck construction for your Montclair home.
Suggestions for Sprucing Up Your Retreat
How do you regain that loving feeling and strengthen relationships? By providing a haven for all to sit and enjoy one another’s company. Sprucing up your deck is a great way to do so! It’s a place for eating, talking, reading, playing table games. It’s an area of beauty, or perhaps it used to be. You can make it a blissful retreat once again with these suggestions:
1. Bring in some shade. Most people like to sit out in direct sunlight only if they are at the beach. Adding a pergola is one way to mitigate the sun’s rays so that you can enjoy the outdoors comfortably with some partial shade. Your preferred deck construction professionals can install a pergola in a short amount of time, giving you relief fast.
2. Wash and retain your deck. If it has been a while since you have scrubbed and restained them, your deck boards will show signs of wear and tear. The sun is relentless, causing the wood to fade and possibly crack. Treating the wood brings it back to life and makes it ready for you to enjoy.
3. Have your deck inspected. While reviving your deck, consider how months and years of neglect affect the integrity of the frame, ledger board, and deck boards. Bringing in professionals to thoroughly inspect your haven ensures it is structurally sound and ready for your family to enjoy. If any issues are found, they can remedy them quickly.
4. Add comfortable furniture. Adding new seat cushions is one way to liven up older furniture. You can also invest in an outdoor rug to pull the space together and make the chairs feel homier. You could also choose to revamp everything and bring in new seating. Keep in mind that the ultimate goal is comfort.
5. Bring Mother Nature into the space. Potted plants dress up your deck with their color and fragrance. The best part of having plants in pots is that you can move them wherever you like to give you a new view every few weeks.
Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space with Quality Deck Construction
It’s time to fall in love with your deck, and the team at Schafer Construction is the right choice to help you accomplish that. We have decades of experience serving the Montclair area. We can take your dream deck and make it a reality. Besides our quality deck-building services, we offer our inspection and maintenance program to ensure you can enjoy your rediscovered haven for years to come. Learn more when you reach out to us today.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.