Decks enhance the look and feel of a home, and its property value. The best part is that they give you a place to entertain friends or relax in private with a good book and a refreshing tea. The best part is that the Internet is ripe with ideas to get your creative juices going. If you are in the market to have your outdoor haven, now is a great time to start the design process. When spring comes, you will be ready to hire an excellent Orinda deck builder who can bring your dreams into reality.
Tips to Help You Plan for Your New Deck
Deck designing does not have to be a complicated process if you follow these tips:
1. Look for ideas online. Why get stuck with a humdrum 8’ x 12’ deck? Utilize the Internet for ideas on design, storage, and seating. Looks for ways to get creative and bring out your personality while enhancing the view of your home. Here are a few ideas to spark your creativity:
- Deck stain – There are many colors from which you can choose to make things stand out.
- Paint – You could paint the deck, even in a checkerboard pattern.
- Add privacy – If your neighbors are too close, you may want a little privacy. Consider using a lattice, a privacy wall layered with flowers, hedges, large cedar planter boxes, or salvaged shutters.
- Bring in plants – Put your green thumb to good use by adding planter boxes or containers.
- Incorporate existing trees – Is there a tree right where you want to build? Why not brainstorm with your deck builder in Orinda to make it part of the design? It can be the support for a pergola.
- Lighting – Look for ingenious ways to light up steps and other deck areas. You can use string lights, lamps, and low-voltage lighting systems.
- Storage – You will want places to store cushions, pillows, and blankets. Consider outdoor storage benches or built-in benches.
- Size and shape – You don’t have to settle for a boring rectangle or square deck. Get creative!
2. Consider how you will use your deck. Will you do a lot of entertaining with large groups, or do you envision cozy gatherings of four to five people?
3. Deck materials. Depending on your budget and needs, you can choose from wood, composite, or polymer.
4. Talk with a qualified deck builder in Orinda. As you come up with visions of your dream outdoor haven, you need to know how much it will cost. An experienced deck builder with a solid track record is the perfect partner. They understand all the material choices, permits, and requirements needed to accomplish your goal. They can give you quotes to ensure you have a good idea of the costs associated with building your new deck.
Choose a Reliable Deck Builder for Your New Outdoor Oasis
Make the most of the cooler temperatures to plan your new deck, then enlist the services of Schafer Construction. Our team is ready to make your dream a reality with quality deck-building services. Get years of enjoyment with our inspection and maintenance program. Learn more when you reach out to us today.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Orinda and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.