Decks are often considered to be the most useful when the weather is at its best. Many homeowners perform fall maintenance and then put their backyard haven down for a long winter’s nap. No more dinners under the stars or cozying up with a good book. They don’t stop and consider that they can enjoy this area for the next several months despite cooler temperatures. If you are ready to enjoy being outdoors all year, consider what you can add to make things warmer. Your experienced Montclair area deck builder can offer you ideas to ensure you get the most out of your investment. Don’t let the changing seasons keep you from relaxing and entertaining guests on your deck.
6 Suggestions to Make Your Deck Warm and Comfortable for Winter Use
There is no reason why you can’t enjoy your newly built deck even when the evening temperatures are cooler. Add warmth and comfort with these useful suggestions:
- Heating options: There are several ways you can add heat to the seating areas on your deck. First, you can add a fire pit. There are gas or wood-based pits. They are great for small areas. A space heater can be used for smaller areas and easily move where you need it most. You can find them fueled by wood, natural gas, or propane. Another method of bringing active heat to your deck is through a wall or ceiling-mounted heater.
- Deck walls: When you stop the wind, you automatically feel warmer. Deck walls shield you from cold winds. Choose a reliable Montclair deck builder to add a wall or two to your deck and enjoy many evenings with family and friends.
- Winter-friendly furniture: You may enjoy that new chaise, but will it keep you warm? You can consider heated chairs for those chilly nights. Remember to protect your feet from the icy deck boards by adding some rugs.
- Deck roof: Adding a small roof over an area of your deck can help trap the heat generated by your heaters. You can even add a ceiling heater. An experienced deck contractor in the Montclair area can install this.
- Hot tub: Why not choose something that not only warms you but also helps ease the tension of a long day? A hot tub can do just that. Those swirling jets provide a warm, relaxing oasis in one of your favorite areas. Be sure to talk with a deck builder to ensure your deck can withstand the additional weight of the hot tub.
- Blankets: A quick and easy solution is to head outdoors with a hot beverage and a blanket. The chill in the air will quickly dissipate when you snuggle up with a good book, a warm blanket, and hot cocoa.
Choose a Reliable Deck Contractor to Enhance Your Montclair Backyard Haven
Don’t hesitate to use your oasis even when it gets cool. Talk to the experienced team at Schafer Construction about installing some deck walls, a roof, or bolstering the area for a hot tub. We have decades of experience at the ready to serve you. Not only can we build decks, but we can expand on your existing deck and ensure it lasts for years to come with our Decks for Life program. Minimize future repair costs with our ongoing periodic inspections. Contact us today for more information.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.