Decks are an extension of our homes. They make the transition from indoors to outdoors seamless. Who doesn’t love enjoying a cup of coffee or herbal tea out outside at sunrise? Decks are also the perfect spot to host family and friends for cookouts and parties. Many homeowners struggle with how to make their outdoor haven unique like their home. With today’s designing ingenuity, your retreat does not have to look like everyone else’s in the neighborhood.
Create a personalized space suited to your tastes and entertaining needs with the help of Orinda’s experienced deck contractors. Schafer Construction understands the needs of homeowners in finding the specific shape, texture, and amenities, to go from boring to wow! We even help you keep your investment sound with our inspection service program. Keep the festivities going for years with the design that fits your personality.
11Style Suggestions from Your Orinda Deck Contractor
Inspiration can come from many places. We have pulled a few ideas together to get you started:
- Inlays: You can use different materials to create an eye-catching focal point. Consider decorative stone, ceramic tile, or even different colored composite boards.
- Reversible Boards: If you choose composite boards, you can play with the looks by reversing which side is up.
- Pergolas: Get additional shade while spicing up your sitting areas.
- Perimeter Boards: Use different colors on the perimeter of your new deck. You can use different textures or finishes to make the area pop.
- Diagonals: Have the floorboards laid at a diagonal or as a sunburst from your patio door. It may cost a little more per square foot, but the results are striking.
- Railing Balusters: Create contrast with different colored railing balusters. Use your imagination to mix and match to your home’s exterior and achieve your intended effect.
- Lighting: A deck can be a truly romantic spot to relax and unwind. Why not add recessed lighting to accent cozy sitting areas? Increase safety as well with low-voltage LED lights.
- Curves:Let your haven flow with nature by adding a curved bump out or make the whole structure curvy.
- Benches: You can never have enough seating. Seats can be made out of the same or contrasting wood. Add some accent pillows for pizzazz.
- Firepits: Nothing is cozier than a fire outside. Imagine the fun your kids will have making s’mores on the deck!
- Multiple Story: Who said you had to stay on the ground floor? Get a new perspective on your property with a second story, or even a roof-top deck.
Get Your Unique Look with Help from Experienced Deck Contractors in Orinda
Stand out from the crowd and make your home the envy of the neighborhood with the help of our team at Schafer Construction. For over 25 years, we have been building, repairing, and enhancing the lives of homeowners in the Orinda area. Let us help you enjoy your oasis even more.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their structural repair and construction needs. Your search for a deck contractor in Orinda ends here!