Winter is a good time for many things, like skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and inspecting your deck. Yes, while many may consider snuggling down for a long winter’s nap, Californians still enjoy their outdoor havens. Cooler temperatures indeed mean you may not go out as much. That does not mean you should neglect your deck. Instead, take the limited warmth as an opportunity to conduct some inspections and repair work.
Get more mileage out of your private oasis by keeping up on cleaning, maintenance, and needed repair work. Gain peace of mind when you prevent injuries with regular inspections. Hire a deck builder trusted by residents in Lafayette and the Bay area. The team at Schafer Construction has the experience you need to ensure your deck is safe and ready to use in the spring.
3 Steps to Check and Protect Your Deck during Winter
Keep your deck clean and ready for the next party. Here are some basic steps you can take to inspect and protect your retreat:
- Remove dirt, leaves, and debris. Before you can see anything that is going on, you need to have a clean place. Begin with a thorough cleaning and removal of those things that get in the way.
- Check the railings to see if they are loose. Wiggle the rails and see if they move. If not, great! However, if they do, it is a good idea to get them fixed. An expert deck builder can come in and make the needed repairs to tighten things up. Calling in a professional will help you avoid any DIY mistakes.
- Look for weak spots in the boards. Walk across the deck boards and listen for squeaking or look for mold and mildew spots. Mildew can cause further decay and lead to additional weakness.
3 Reasons to Have Your Deck Inspected and Repaired this Winter
- Off-Season Pricing: The spring and summer months are the busiest time of year for deck construction. It can also be the priciest. Winter brings better savings for you.
- Greater Availability of the Crew: The colder months often mean deck builders are less busy and have more availability for Home inspection in Cle Elum WA and repairs.
- Ensure Your Deck is Ready for Spring: You want to make sure you are prepared for next season, so now is a great time to tidy things up a bit while it is still too cool to be on your deck.
Prepare for Spring Now with Schafer Construction’s Help
Ensure the good times can pick right back up next grilling season when you take the time to get your deck inspected and repaired. For more than 30 years, Schafer Construction has built and fixed decks across the San Francisco Bay, Berkeley, and Lafayette areas. We are experts in decks and bridge driveways. You can rest assured that you will be prepared for the new season with our experts on deck!
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across lafayette and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck construction, inspection, and repair needs.