Valentine’s Day brings out the romantic in a lot of us. We often think about finding the perfect card that expresses our feelings for our significant other. Then we add flowers, candy, and maybe a candlelight dinner. One way to bump up the romance is to eat dinner outdoors on your deck. The best part is you can do this any time of year. If you are missing out on this fabulous opportunity, why not find a deck builder near Berkeley who can make things right?
Enjoy romantic dinners all year long when you decide to build a deck on your site. The Schafer Construction team understands all the ins-and-outs of creating outdoor havens you will use, rain or shine. Go ahead and give us a call! You’ll be enjoying your deck in no time.
Suggestions to Get Started with Your Deck
Here are some steps to get the ball rolling before your deck builder in Berkeley starts work:
- Find inspiration online: Let your imagination go wild by looking on the Internet for ideas. You will find all sorts of deck options—square, rectangle, curved, tiered, and floating decks. It’s a good idea to think about the privacy and storage choices you have to make this the retreat you expect.
- Use a free deck design tool: If you are not an artist, it may be hard to convey your deck building ideas to the Schafer Construction team. There are different free designing tools that may help you get the bare bones together, and we can go from there.
- Aim to blend the deck design with the architectural style of your house: While you are getting all the ideas together, it is useful to keep the design of your home in mind. That means you want to look at the scale, color, and existing motifs and themes.
- Consider storage: Built-in storage can be helpful, especially if it doubles as seating areas. Don’t forget deck furniture that is also used as storage. You may enjoy the extra flexibility you find with movable storage furniture.
- Plan for your budget: After you have gathered all your ideas together, it’s time to consider how much you have to spend. Can you get your dream deck completed at once? Do you need to work in stages? We can help you ascertain the best route to make your dream a reality.
Ideas for Your New Outdoor Haven
Not sure what deck options are available? Here are some for you to consider:
- Platform: If you have the space, consider a platform deck. It can sit right outside your patio doors and is built on the ground level.
- Freestanding: As the name implies, this beauty is placed somewhere on your lot, creating an island respite in the middle of your yard.
- Raised: Within the San Francisco area’s rolling hills, these are popular as they lend a perfect view to the gorgeous valley.
- Side Yard: Take advantage of those hidden nooks on your side yard with a small deck.
- Wraparound: If you have a nostalgic bone in you, you may decide on a wraparound deck that closely resembles a wraparound porch.
- Rooftop: Not much of a yard? You may want to think vertically and put a deck on top of your roof.
Build Your New Favorite Spot with Help from Schafer Construction
Don’t wait until next Valentine’s Day to start thinking about your beautiful outdoor oasis. Schafer Construction has the experience and skills you need. Let us know what you envision, and we’ll help make it happen.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across Berkeley and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck building, inspection, and repair needs.