Thanksgiving is a beautiful time to gather together with family over a meal. There is no hustle and bustle or impatience from the kids to unwrap gifts. Instead, your loved ones and friends can soak in each other’s company. One way to enhance the meal is to skip professional catering and get all hands on deck to cook up a festive meal. Why not plan on eating outside on your favorite deck? With a little bit of planning, your guests will soon be eating, laughing, and loving in the wide-open space. The first step in your planning is to ensure your retreat is in great shape. A trusted and qualified Montclair deck contractor can easily make sure things are the way they should be.
5 Tips to Make Thanksgiving on the Deck a Success
The atmosphere lends as much to a Thanksgiving dinner as does the food. Prepare your home to be an inviting, comfortable place for guests to enjoy, starting with these five tips:
- Declutter Your Deck: After making the guest list, you need to make sure you have room for everyone. Remove any items that may hinder people from maneuvering around tables, chairs, and the buffet. You might want to set up your tables and chairs to ensure you have the room you need, and help you plan better.
- Conduct Some Grounds Keeping: Other areas to clean up and prepare include the flower beds and fire pits. You may want to freshen the mulch in your flower beds and remove any dead plants or weeds. Prepping the fire pit will ensure it is ready if guests prefer to sit around a fire.
- Determine How You Will Serve and Keep Food Warm: Will you have a buffet lined up? Will it be inside or outside? How will you keep food warm? You will need to answer these questions to ensure your guests can get their fill with piping hot, yummy food. You might consider serving food inside for everyone to take outside, or you may want to use chafing dishes. The size of your deck may also determine what you do with food.
- Prepare to Keep Warm: Depending on the temperature and the time of day for your feast, you may need to utilize patio warmers. You might also want to have a few lap blankets available for after-dinner socializing on the deck.
- Plan Your Lighting: If you prefer an evening meal, you will want some additional lighting. You might even want ambiance lighting. Candles can do both, or you might hang some string lights.
Give Thanks on Your Newly Constructed Deck from Schafer Construction
Before you put the turkey in the oven, call the experienced deck contractors at Schafer Construction. We can inspect, repair, or build your deck so that your guests can enjoy themselves, and you can rest easier knowing that all are safe. We have served the area for over 30 years and can quickly get your deck in the best shape before your guests visit your home to celebrate with you.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck construction, inspection, and repair needs.