Spring is here! It’s time to prep your property for the new season. Should a deck be part of those preparations? How do you decide what type of deck will suit your property? Homeowners who have decks celebrate and value the freedom they have when they step out on their deck. There are no walls to block the refreshing breeze and no roof stopping the sun from kissing their faces. Can you feel it? Do you want to? Then why not take the next step and contact an experienced deck builder in Orinda? Our team at Schafer Construction can help you create the right size deck to fit your needs and your property’s dimensions. Soon, you will be basking in the sun and enjoying many dinners under the stars.
6 Reasons to Build a Deck and Embrace Outdoor Living
Can’t decide if a new deck is for you? Why not ponder these six reasons and then call your experienced Orinda deck builder?
1. Increased Living Space: Sometimes our homes are not quite big enough for what we want to do, such as entertaining. A deck serves as an extra room without the exorbitant costs of building an addition to your home. You can cook, entertain, and relax in your new outdoor haven.
2. Save Money with Staycations: Traveling is fun, and everyone should do it sometime. However, one of the best ways to vacation is to stay right at home. You can find many ways to relax and unwind, especially if you have a beautiful deck. You can treat yourself to hours of reading, playing table games with family and friends, relaxing with your furry family members, and so much more. Turn your deck into an outdoor café, and soak in your hot tub for a spa day.
3. Enjoy Outdoor Cooking: Grilling is a healthy way to enjoy your food. It tastes fantastic, and you don’t have to go to an expensive restaurant for an enjoyable meal. Invest in good quality barbecues, grills and smokers, and you will make your deck a favorite spot for family and friends to eat at.
4. Soak Up the Sunshine: Sitting out on your wooden oasis offers you the chance to de-stress, breathe fresh air, and increase your Vitamin D intake. You will feel refreshed and ready to take on the world after a few minutes.
5. Reap the Benefits of Gardening: Fresh herbs make dishes taste better. Fresh flowers enhance your mood. You can enjoy both when you place planter boxes along your railing and decking. With the right plants, you can create a living privacy wall that also provides shade.
6. Increase Your Property Value: Not only do you increase your living space for yourself, but a deck can be highly enticing for a buyer. When building your new deck, work with your preferred builder to find the best option to increase your home’s value and entice buyers if you list it for sale in the future.
Start Outdoor Living with a New Deck from Schafer Construction
Increase your living space while enhancing your property value with a new deck built by Schafer Construction. We have served homeowners in Orinda and across the Bay Area for over 30 years. We understand how the terrain works and can create a gorgeous outdoor haven to give you years of enjoyment. Learn more when you contact us today!
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Orinda and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck construction, inspection, and repair needs.