There is no such thing as a free lunch or a maintenance-free deck. Sure, the manufacturers used to tout that their product would mean that homeowners did not need to do anything, and their deck would always look new. When fiction did not become a reality, many consumers were upset, and rightly so. It’s important to realize that there is truly no such thing as maintenance-free, especially when it comes to your outdoor haven.
You can still get low-maintenance materials that will leave you plenty of time to enjoy your deck when you choose synthetic over natural wood. Whichever you decide, the team at Schafer Construction can design and build your oasis. As Montclair’s preferred deck contractor, we can turn your investment into a beautiful place to entertain and bond with family and friends.
Misunderstanding about Low-Maintenance Decking
Before you throw in the towel and turn your back on using low-maintenance decking, look at these myths. You may realize composite and synthetic materials are worth your time:
- Mold does not grow on synthetic materials. Really, it is a matter of how deep the mold can get. On natural wood, it can permeate into the fibers. On a good composite or vinyl board, it may spread on the board but not in it. This makes cleaning much simpler.
- You have very few options. In fact, there are several options from which to choose. You are not relegated to only a handful of manufacturers. Instead, there are hundreds of choices available to you. This gives you many opportunities to find the perfect match for you and your lifestyle.
- Low-maintenance means no-maintenance. Everything needs a little TLC now and then. You may need to wash your composite boards occasionally and follow the manufacturer’s otherrecommendations.
- Composite means low-quality. The quality of the materials depends on the manufacturer.Any product gets its merit based on how it is made. Researching the different makers is one step to finding the best low-maintenance choice for you.
- You cannot make your money back on synthetic decking. Composite and vinyl may be higher in price but it lasts longer, providing you with many years of enjoyment. In other words, you don’t have to spend more money replacing rotting boards like you may have to do with wood.
Enjoy Your New Low-Maintenance Deck Installed by Schafer Construction
Remember that nothing is genuinely no-maintenance. Instead, gain your time back with low-maintenance materials such as composite or vinyl. The expert Montclair deck contractors at Schafer Construction stand ready to help. For over 30 years, we have specialized in bridge driveways, elevated decks, as well as other areas of construction. Let us help you build your ideal outdoor oasis.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across-Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their low-maintenance deck building needs.