Just because you have a small or sloping yard does not mean you cannot have a deck. Quite the contrary! You have the opportunity to create a masterpiece that may prove to be the envy of the neighborhood. If you are an avid “do-it-yourself-er”, then all you need to do is think outside the box. There are many different designs of decks that can offer you the outdoor oasis you seek.
Find the perfect solution to your dilemma when you decide on the ideal type of deck construction for your Montclair residence. If this project seems overwhelming, reach out to the professionals at Schafer Construction. We are experts in building raised decks over the hills in the San Francisco Bay Area. Let us help you create the haven of your dreams.
5 Suggestions for Decks Built on Uneven Ground or in a Small Space
Don’t let the landscape dictate what you want to accomplish in your backyard or side yard. Decks are not just for flat ground or large lots. At Schafer Construction, we understand the intricacies of sloped land and tiny urban plots. Consider these ideas as you dream up your perfect deck construction:
- Take advantage of unused areas of your property. Because your yard is not conducive to an expansive deck, you have to take advantage of all available places. For example, utilize a seldom used or unused driveway, the roof of your garage, an unused side yard, or even your front yard.
- Create an island oasis in a sea of landscaping. Instead of one big platform, think about building a couple of smaller floating decks that can seat a few people or a small table and grill. Then add landscaping around them to give privacy.
- Build in multiple levels. Nothing says you must have the same level for your outdoor haven, especially if you have a sloped yard. You may have the main level for entertaining and then stairs leading to a smaller level that is just the right size for curling up with a good book or having an intimate conversation.
- Sneak in a side yard hideaway. The side yard is often overlooked. You can quickly turn this pathway into an area for lounging. You may even want to add a hot tub. Imagine the enjoyable family dinners when you open up a doorway from the dining room to the side yard deck. You probably didn’t know the side yard could be so useful!
- Building Survey. A building survey is a thorough examination and analysis of a property’s structure and services that allows a surveyor to advise a client/owner on the effect the property’s condition will have.
Let the Experts at Schafer Construction Build Your Dream Deck
Enjoy your outdoor haven no matter what the topography of your property looks like. Take advantage of every extra inch of space you can. As experts in deck construction, the team at Schafer Construction understands what it takes to bring your dreams into reality. For more than 30 years, we have served the Montclair area with elevated decks, bridge driveways, and other areas of construction. We are always ready to help your deck become your perfect getaway.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck construction and repair needs.