Nothing says love is in the air than walking across a clean deck to sit in your favorite chair with a freshly brewed cup of coffee. No, it’s not chocolates and flowers. As a deck owner, you know that life is always better when you listen to the birds chirping and feel the breeze on your face outside your back door. Installing your backyard haven is an investment in the quality of your life. Yet, do you really love your deck? Or do you just “like” your deck? The answer makes all the difference!
Fall in love with your outdoor haven when you invest some time, energy, and the help of Orinda’s preferred deck builder. Schafer Construction works with homeowners across the Bay Area to build, restore, and inspect decks like yours. We have the experience and know-how to ensure your oasis withstands the test of time.
How to Show Your Deck You Love It
If you love your deck and all that it does to enhance the quality of your life, then follow these steps to show it some love:
- Conduct regular cleanings. Nothing will wear down your structure like letting dirt and debris build up. Wet and decomposing leaves will hold in moisture, leaving the wood planks damp and at risk of rot.
- Avoid placing planters directly on the surface. Plants can enhance your haven with their beauty. Of course, to keep your rhododendron alive, you need to water it. Too much water can soak through to the wood below. Instead, place planters on blocks and rotate every few months.
- Place bird and squirrel feeders away from the deck. Mother Nature’s children can be beautiful to watch. They can also leave you “presents” that dirty your deck. Moving feeders further into your yard helps cut down on those unpleasant droppings that can damage your decking if left alone.
- Put a mat under your barbeque. Like apple pie and ice cream, decks and grills go hand-in-hand! Yet, the grease that drips down can quickly leave your planks begging for relief. Placing a mat under your grill helps combat this. Make sure you have a suitable mat that is heat-resistant and not made of flammable material.
- Reapply sealant as needed. You will need to care for your oasis with some sealant. Resist the urge to apply too much, too often. It can build up, start peeling, and accelerate the need to strip the deck down to bare wood and re-stain.
- Schedule timely inspections. There are many things you can be on the lookout for, like loose or rotten boards. To ensure all is in good order and your deck is safe, hire a licensed professional to conduct a regular, thorough inspection.
- Make preparations to relocate: Allow us to make long distance moving as easy as feasible for you. You can relax knowing that you’re in the hands of America’s Most Trusted Moving Company, which provides a wide range of moving services, including packing and storage, as well as moving security and unmatched customer care.
Fall in Love with Your Deck – Schafer Construction Can Help
Get many more years out of your backyard oasis when you give it some TLC. The trusted professionals at Schafer Construction have over 30 years of experience in decks, bridge driveways, and other construction services. We help you keep your investment in excellent condition, so you can fall in love with your deck all over again, just like you did when it was brand new.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across Orinda and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck construction, inspection,and repair needs.