Each New Year is the opportunity for making new plans and goals. The calendar turning from 2020 to 2021 may be the most anticipated change yet. With social distancing a primary concern this holiday season, why not consider ways to enjoy time with members of your household, i.e., your safe bubble. Create intimate, enjoyable occasions for your family on your deck so that even in the absence of parties and gathering with friends, the season of merry making can still bring happiness and joy.
Start a new tradition and celebrate New Year’s Eve with your family on your new deck. The team from Schafer’s Construction offers deck construction services in and near the Montclair area. We can come in and create the outdoor haven you have been dreaming of. We can also inspect and rehabilitate your existing deck.
Ring in the New Year with an Intimate Party
So what if you can’t invite friends and extended family? COVID doesn’t have to stop you from have fun this New Year’s Eve. Here are some tips to make it a safe, fun time for all:
- Pick a Theme: Brainstorm some ideas. Maybe you want to focus on a favorite decade like the 80s or 90s. Everyone in your household can dress to fit the era, and you can play music to add to the ambiance. Another option could be an ice cream bar or build-your-own s’mores bar.
- Prepare the Space: You will want to set up your space so that everyone in your household can enjoy each other’s company. You may want to rearrange the furniture to accommodate easy movement.
- Add Mood Lighting: Leave your holiday lights up or add candles. You may put up some string rope lights along the deck rails. It is a good idea to place lighting near steps and walk paths as well.
- Plan an Easy Menu: Finger foods in boxes and poured or bottled drinks are a safe idea. Spend the day preparing the food and involve all members of your household in the activity.
- Keep the Décor Simple: If you haven’t picked a theme, consider simple and natural. The goal is to have a delicate balance between elegance and functionality. Fresh cut flowers or greenery is a nice touch. Use linens that complement the outdoor theme.
- Set up the Games: Part of the fun is playing games, especially if kids are involved. You may want to set up some yard games like yard darts or have a limbo contest. Glow-in-the-dark ring toss is another fun option.
Make a Toast to the Holidays on Your Deck Built by Schafer Construction
Don’t let the pandemic spoil your holiday season and New Year’s Eve celebrations. Contact Schafer Construction for new deck construction, repair, or inspection, and then plan your family’s small but fun party. We have over 30 years of experience making the Montclair and Bay Area homes gorgeous with decks, sky bridges, and retaining walls. Contact us today!
Call us for fast service at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across Montclair and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck building, inspection, and repair needs.