Graduation day is a type of rite of passage, especially for high school students. It marks the moment when youth ends, and adulthood begins. For parents, it can be a bittersweet day. Their baby has grown and is ready to enter the big world to pursue their dreams. Many families plan large parties to celebrate this momentous occasion, where well-wishers may stop by and congratulate the graduate. What better place to do so than in your backyard on your deck? An experienced deck builder in Orinda can ensure your outside haven is perfectly built for family and friends to congregate and enjoy time together.
Don’t forget to decorate your deck for the occasion. The internet is full of many different options to make this momentous celebration spectacular.
Deck Decorating Tips for Graduation Open House Parties
Take advantage of glorious weather and your backyard deck to celebrate this achievement. Here are some decorating tips to get you started:
- Start with a clean slate. Before decorating, start with a clean area on your deck. Take a weekend to remove furniture, plants, and other items from the deck. Then, sweep and clean it well. If it needs to be treated, now is the best time to do it. Your preferred deck builder in Orinda can assist you with expanding or shoring up any areas you feel may need it.
- Decide on seating and food arrangements. You will want to ensure guests have places to sit and relax while they congregate. Look around and determine where to place food, drink, and dessert stations. Where can you place clusters of seating?
- Depending on the time of day for your graduate’s party, you may want to add stringed lights along the deck rail, on your pergola, or hang them from some trees. You might choose some paper lanterns. You can also make centerpieces with candles to add to the ambiance.
- Create a simple menu. Now that you know where you want food stations, you need to know what food and drinks you will put there. Look for simple menus like cheese plates with fruit, cut vegetables, and nuts. You may also opt for sandwiches or walking tacos. A dessert bar is usually a big hit.
- Gift Table. Part of the celebration includes receiving gifts. Designating a single spot for gifts and cards will help keep things organized. You may want to add a guest book for partygoers to sign. Not only will this become a keepsake, but your new grad will know whom to send thank you cards to.
- Use this time to share fond memories and celebrate your grad’s achievements. You can find banners online to place photos of your child from kindergarten and up. Bring the look together with centerpieces of flowers in mason jars and tagged with the graduation year.
Choose a Reliable Deck Builder for Your New Outdoor Party Haven
Make the most of this time and celebrate in style by enlisting the services of Schafer Construction, trusted deck builders in Orinda. Our team is ready to make your party planning dreams a reality with quality deck-building services. Get years of enjoyment with our inspection and maintenance program, too. Learn more when you contact us today.
Call Schafer Construction at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Orinda and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.