Summer is winding down, and school is on the horizon. Soon, family schedules will be packed with football games, soccer practices, and club meetings. Before things get too overwhelming, it may be time to have a final ‘hoorah’ to bid summer farewell. What better way to bring in a new school year than with a back-to-school party?
Your final end of summer party can easily be planned on your deck, so you don’t have a bunch of children scrambling throughout your home. While planning your get-together, it is a good idea to have your favorite deck contractor in Piedmont stop by for an inspection to ensure the structure is sound.
Simple Steps to Welcome in the New School Year
Party planning doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Follow these simple steps and let your guests have a memorable time on your beautiful deck.
- Choose a theme. Yes, ‘Back-to-School’ is a theme, but you can have many variations. For example, you can set your deck up like a school with snacks or lunch in a brown paper sack and have field day games. You can host an outside movie night or encourage a charitable spirit by having guests bring school supplies to fill backpacks with.
- Arrange deck furniture to accommodate everyone. You will want room for guests to sit and eat and mingle. Set up games in the yard, and leave the food on the deck. If you set the food up as a buffet, you will also want to organize the traffic flow.
- Add fun lighting. Look for stringed lights that coincide with your theme. You might find some with apples, school buses, or animals. You might also create candlelit lanterns to light pathways.
- Keep the décor simple and fun. You can add flowers, balloons, or whatever fits the occasion, but it is helpful to keep things simple. The outdoors makes it easier to go for a casual look.
- Set up a quick and convenient buffet. Kids don’t need the fancy sit-down dinner as some adults might prefer. That makes it easier for you to create stations for the entrées, sides, drinks, and desserts. Identify each item with fun, themed cards.
- Set up games and activities. You can search the Internet for games in line with your theme or put out the old standbys of corn hole, croquet, hula hoop, or horseshoes. You may want to set up stations for crafts for those attendees who prefer to make things with their hands.
Ensure Your Deck Is Up to the Partying – Choose a Reliable Deck Contractor in Piedmont
Party it up with kiddos on a safe deck when you have Schafer Construction handling inspections and repairs. We understand that your wooden deck is a haven for fun times with family and friends. Our trained and experienced crew provides quality work in a timely fashion so that you can keep the fun going. Please take advantage of our more than 30 years of experience for your new deck or remodel and contact us today.
When you need a deck contractor in Piedmont to ensure your outdoor gatherings are safe and fun, call Schafer Construction. You can reach us at 510-339-9100 or contact us online. Homeowners across Piedmont and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on our skilled and experienced team for deck building, inspection, repair needs, and remodels.