Barbecues are a mainstay in the United States. Nothing brings in the season like a Memorial Day weekend grills ‘n chill. Gathering together over grilled burgers, games, and fun is the epitome of summer. Why not dress things up a little with fun recipes and decorations? Soon your neighbors will be vying for an invitation to one of your BBQ parties.
No BBQ is complete without the right place to set up. As Orinda’s preferred deck builder, Schafer Construction can construct or remodel your backyard oasis. We have years of experience to ensure you have years of good times. Give us a call and let’s work together to get the party started!
6 Suggestions to Make Your Summer Parties the Envy of the Neighborhood
You can keep things simple and elegant or go all out. It’s up to you. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Set up food stations. Place your food at different stations. For example, set up a hot dog area with buns, condiments, and homemade toppings. Off to the side, have the s’ mores ready to go with fires burning in terra cotta pots for individualized cooking.
- Add some new twists to the menu. You don’t have to settle for the same ho-hum food ideas. Instead, search the Internet for recipes like grilled blueberries or cabbage, roasted bananas, or grilled frog legs.
- Bring in some nostalgia with games. Remember playing Go Fish on your grandparent’s porch? Bring back those fond memories with a couple of old fashioned card games. Put a new spin on an old classic like a giant version of the classic word game Scrabble. Who can resist a game of croquet or corn hole?
- Perk up the place with simple decorations. Dress things up or down as much as you like. Keep table decorations simple with a few vases of flowers or aim for some elegance with candles. Fight the wind by filling tiny buckets with wildflowers and hanging them from the tablecloth.
- Create a relief table. With summer heat comes scorching sun and mosquitoes. Set out some hand fans, sunscreen, and bug repellent.
- Keep the kids entertained. For your little ones, give them opportunities for extra fun with bubbles and water balloons. You may want to dress the children for watery fun.
Let the Outdoor Party Season Begin – Schafer Construction is Here to Help
Let the good times roll with summertime fun in your backyard oasis. However, be sure it is safe and ready with a deck inspection from the team at Schafer Construction. We look for loose ledger boards, rotten deck boards, and other indications of wear. If you are ready to build onto an existing one or build a brand new deck, we can help. We have decades of experience to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Go ahead and plan that exciting summer party. We will be there to ensure a safe place for your family outdoors.
Call us today at 510-339-9100 or contact us online to see why homeowners across Orinda and the San Francisco Bay Area rely on Schafer Construction for their deck construction, inspection, and repair needs.